Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this place and how did it come to exist?
- What are the economics of it? Who's profiting?
- How do I set up my shop?
- Where is my admin login?
- Do the orders come to me or you?
- When do I get paid? Is it after I've fulfilled the order?
- What happens if a customer is unhappy and wants a refund?
- How long does it take for my customer to get refunded?
- How do reviews work?
- Got any tips for sellers on the Beautiful Voyager Marketplace?
1. What is this place and how did it come to exist?
2. What are the economics of it? Who's profiting?
The goal of the marketplace is pretty simple: to give Beautiful Voyagers (and the nutty people who love us) a unique and empowering shopping experience. It's a place to have fun, celebrate creativity, and embrace our inner neurotic.
The economics are clear, too. I share exactly how much money I spend to run the Beautiful Voyager site here. When you list a product on this site, you're reaching a unique, incredible audience.
The "cost" to you as a seller of a product is 10% of your sale price. The marketplace doesn't make any money off of you unless you sell products. And I will be sharing transparent numbers about how much the marketplace is making in the future, as well as what that money is going to, if we are ever in the lucky enough position that more money is made than what covers the site itself.
3. How do I set up my shop?
- Create a login here to become a vendor on the Beautiful Voyager marketplace. Hit the "Join me" button when you land on the link.
- Once you've logged in, hit "Add a Product" button in the upper right corner of the page, and you're on your way.
- Make sure to include the weight of your product, since it will impact how shipping costs are determined. (If your product is under a pound, use a fraction of a pound to approximate the weight in ounces. Google can help.)
- Important! Connect a payment method. You can't get paid until you've taken this step.
4. Where is my admin login?
When you go to login to your admin tool, you may see a "session expired" message. Enter: beautiful-voyager.myshopify.com then submit to be taken to your own login screen again.
You will then be taken to a login screen that looks like this:
From there, you can enter your email address and password. Let me know if you need me to reset your password!
5. Do the orders come to me or you?
When someone orders your product through the Beautiful Voyager marketplace, you will receive an email that looks a little something like this:
This is how you'll be alerted that it's time to fulfill the order.
6. When do I get paid? Is it after I've fulfilled the order?
To get paid, you must:
- Connect your payment method.
- Fulfill your order (either mark order as fulfilled in your admin dashboard, or email me and let me know you've shipped the product).
- This is where you mark your orders as "fulfilled" in your dashboard.
Once those two things have happened, here's how payment works.
You'll be paid around 2-3 days after the customer has paid and you've fulfilled your order. (In part, this is determined by the payment method chosen by your customer. Paypal and Shopify Payments are slightly faster than other methods). The way payments work:
- Shopify deposits payment to Meredith 2-3 days after customer orders.
- Meredith then pays you total amount minus 10% commission using the method you've connected.
7.What happens if a customer is unhappy with a product and wants a refund?
We are able to process refunds through our system. They work the same way as they do for Shopify:
8. How long does it take for my customer to get refunded?
We submit any refund you make to your customer's bank immediately. They will then receive the funds from a refund in their account approximately 5–10 business days after the original refund. (This is an aspect of how the banking system works.)
Tip: Refunds might appear in the form of a reversal. In the case of a reversal, the original payment will drop off your customer's bank statement, and a separate credit is not issued.
When a charge is refunded inside the authorization period of a charge (partial or full) the customer might not see a line item on their statement for a refund as we simply adjust the capture amount for the charge when it settles. They might still see the charge as “Pending” on their statement until the period expires.
If you would like assistance in determining the status of a refund you have processed, you are welcome to contact us for a refund reference number.
9. How do reviews work?
Anyone can review a seller by clicking the "feedback" tab on their seller profile (click a seller under "Meet" or when browsing products).
All reviews, however, will be reviewed by Admin. They will only posted if the review is written by a customer who has purchased a product from that seller.
10. Got any tips for sellers on the Beautiful Voyager marketplace?
Visitors to Beautiful Voyager Marketplace want to hear your story. They want to understand why you've created the product you've created, and why it can help them. Your journey can help potential customers understand the power of your product. Here are some good ways to share that story:
- Write a post for Bevoya.com. Learn more by getting in touch.
- Be interviewed on the forum.
- Share your story on your profile page.
In addition to supporting sellers like you by helping you tell your stories, Beautiful Voyager is creating a series of guides to help you build your business. You can do it!
We can do it together.